Wednesday, September 16, 2015

An attempt to catch up

So much has happened since I last posted so this will not be as detailed as my normal posts and for that I apologize.

This summer I had a great workshop in Crosslake Minnesota followed by a return trip to Milford Nebraska---both workshops were great.

Here are a few pictures from the workshops.


this is my Paisley on Paisley pattern hooked by Jan at a previous workshop---so fun to see it completed!

This is a rug started by Julie to go in her bedroom---it is going to be beautiful!
  Great class picture!
 A fun night out to dinner on the lake!

From here I drove to Nebraska for another workshop with Judy and Jan in Milford NE.

On my way I stopped to do a bit of antiquing...here is my favorite little stool I bought---the before and the after!





Here is a sampling from Nebraska

 Joyce was working hard on these delightful turkeys!
 A great sampler by Linda!
 Another great primitive floral by Karen.
 Three Blooms a Karla Gerard Pattern hooked by Jane---great flower center!
Dana was hooked my Hannah pattern---not one but 4 in total to put on her cabinet doors!  Hope to see a finished picture when she gets them all mounted and hung!


Home again for a short time before leaving to teach for The Salt River hookers in Mexico MO.

Here are some highlights from the workshop.

 The Camp director at work!  Great job Cheryl!
 Nancy was on a roll and finished her bunny---a baby gift!
 Here is Linda's Peacock---I am going to try to post the final picture---she hooked the background straight and added some beads and mounted it on her sewing box---so clever.



   A very majestic Eagle hooked by Bonnie!
 Jeana is off to a very good start on this Santa pattern---a jolly santa in the sleigh!
 Julie's Primitive Grace pattern is looking awesome---fun patterns to hook!

I drew this antique adaptation for Kari who wanted to work with standing wool---I am in love with this and want to do one myself---can't wait to see her progress on this!
  Jackie is on her way to a great oriental---Small Frost---vibrant jewel tone colors!

What a group of delightful women!

 In addition to all this I just returned from the ATHA Biennial in San Antonio Texas but that will have to be another post.  I am also preparing for my return trip to Texas to teach in Fredericksburg at the end of the month.

But I can't close this post without a few pictures of Baxter.










 Having home classes today so have to go get busy!

Hope everyone is having a great summer---will post about the Biennial soon.

Anita







4 comments:

  1. The rugs are nice, but Baxter is GREAT!! Thanks for sharing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Baxter is just adorable. So nice to see pictures of him. Super little guy!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Baxter pix best. You are one lucky grandmother! ...jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say, I will forget the rugs this time and play with Baxter. What a cutie. At my age I do not get to be around many of these any more. Mine are all grown and soon to go to college
    So happy for you and Baxter

    ReplyDelete